American Water Specialist Water Quality & Environmental Compliance II in Belleville, Illinois
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
• Responsible for organizing advanced functions and activities related to environmental management and water quality.
• Investigates water quality complaints and determines course of action needed.
• Responsible for maintaining all applicable lab certifications, accreditations, or approvals to conduct compliance and process quality control work.
• Implements the day to day collection of water quality samples.
• Implements programs to ensure environmental compliance.
• Assists in resolving treatment issues.
• Conducts advanced sampling and/or analysis, as required, to ensure compliance with federal and state water quality regulations and company
approved water quality standards. Continuously evaluates environmental monitoring and control programs and processes and makes enhancements /improvements to maintain or improve environmental compliance to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and company approved environmental standards. (50%)
• Obtain, prepare, file and maintain all reports and records to ensure compliance with federal and state water quality regulations and company approved water quality standards. Maintains required permits and makes any necessary modifications and renewals. Ensures timely regulatory compliance program submissions. (20%)
• Continuously evaluate water/wastewater treatment processes and makes modifications to maintain or improve water quality. Identify potential issues and problems and initiates responsive actions and mitigates environmental violations (10%)
• Supervises and monitor/calibrate analyzers, equipment, etc. to ensure established standards of performance and accuracy are maintained (10%)
• Conduct advanced projects and prepare reports as needed (5%)
• Responsible for planning, preparation and control the portion of the financial plan relating to responsibilities (5%)
• Knowledge of federal and state environmental standards and regulations and understanding of current environmental legislation and regulations.
• Regulatory knowledge of proper lab analytical testing methods.
• Must understand principles of water and/or wastewater treatment and be able to troubleshoot systems.
Five (5) years experience in water, wastewater, and/or laboratory operations preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent environmental area preferred.
Must possess a valid State issued Driver's License.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing*™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants* based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.