Farmers Insurance ETL Informatica Developer - Bellevue, WA in Bellevue, Washington
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer resources; performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies, analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems / procedures to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude on application enhancements; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, etc. and makes recommendations; manages system development projects and supports the implementation activities and training, as required; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Work under the direction of Software Engineering Manager/Project Technical Lead on the successful delivery of multiple ETL related projects and processes.
- Independently manage development of ETL processes – development to delivery.
- Interface with Business and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Translate requirements into technical specifications for ETL development; develop source-to-target mappings and actively work with Development, Test and Implementation efforts.
- Review design, code and migration objects for smooth project delivery.
Physical Actions * Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications. * Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions. * Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation. Responds to Production Support issues. * Works with business as required. * Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary. * Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality. * Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs. * Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling. * Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency; researches and develops techniques for automation, as approved. * Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure efficiency, and compliance with specification. * Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems. * Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software. * Manages and controls system development projects. * Supports implementation/training activities; troubleshoots system environmental issues, as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 5 years of experience in developing data integrations and ETL with Informatica Power Center.
- Strong expertise with advanced SQL on Oracle/DB2/Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Strong analytical skills (able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.).
- Should have good understanding of data integration concepts and terminology.
- Experienced with agile project methodologies.
- Experience with Informatica Power Center 10.x, Power Exchange 10.1, Information Analyst, Metadata Manager.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing basics and concepts.
- Exposure to Data modeling – dimensional and relational modeling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills (scope, requirements, high-level design).
- Effective time and priority management.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
Preferred Skills * Experience in Life Insurance Industry. * Experience with SQL Server database administration is preferred * Experience with other reporting tools including Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau * Financial Services/ Life Insurance domain background
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: ETL Informatica Developer - Bellevue, WA
Requisition ID: 190000D7