Oracle Database Administrator 4-IT in Bengaluru, India
Database Administrator 4-IT
SaaS Cloud Service architecture team, part of Oracle Production
Engineering & Operation (PEO), is responsible for designing processes
around provisioning, Life cycle Management and support infrastructure for the
Cloud organization. We focus on improving
the SaaS Customer on boarding process , efficiently slice the hardware,
constant improvements to ongoing processes and work closely with automation
team to automate enterprise software provisioning and change management. Our
(Oracle) Data Centre’s are spread across various locations globally and hosts
business-critical customer Production and DR environments.
Education Qualification: Bachelor of Computer Science / MCA from
- Work directly with product development teams to
design and build scalable, highly available, and high performing SaaS service
on Oracle DB.
- Lead the design, development and deployment of
database processes needed to onboard Customers
- Collaborate constantly with product development
team to improve operational processes related to Oracle Database
- Design High Availability and Disaster Recovery
solutions using Oracle Database technologies
- Design re-usable operations solutions associated
with Database ( like backup strategy, break glass , TDE etc )
- Constantly improve processes to reduce
- Mentor developers and DBAs on performance
Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
Ensures compliance with all architecture
directions and standards set forth by database architecture team
- Work with other operations team to architect more
scalable solutions for SaaS offerings
- Acts as a thought leader with cloud ops team
- Helps to arbitrate decisions in specific areas
- Ensure all solutions recommended can be
automated to reduce operational costs
Experience with Agile Scrum
Linux administration skills
Oracle Database using PDBs and CDBs
Strong Dataguard skills
Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and
- Expertise in High Availability and Disaster
Recovery artifacts using Oracle Database Technologies
Experience with Oracle Exadata ( X5-2,X6-2 )
Expertise in RAC, ASM, RMAN, Dataguard, Streams
Working knowledge on PL/SQL
Should be self-driven and able to handle/drive
- Excellent communication skills, strong
interpersonal skills and able to work in a team and also individually.
Good technical writing skills.
Candidate must be versatile, long-term
visionary, a team-player, and enjoys working with new technologies in a
fast-paced technology environment.
- Experience in
- Experience with Chef ,Mcollective,Terraform,
Ansible and Puppet .
- Experience with other Oracle technologies and
components a plus
- Experience with Oracle GoldenGate
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM
- s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire