AT&T Sr Tech Specialist, Software Engineering(Senior Site Reliability Engineer-Monitoring Tools) in Bengaluru, India
Do you want to bring game-changing Monitoring and Instrumentation practices to a dynamic and globally distributed engineering organization? The Engineering Productivity team builds the systems and processes that enable Xandr engineers to do their best work every day. We own the build, deployment & test systems that power our next-generation ad-tech platform. The Engineering Productivity team is at the forefront of adopting new tools & techniques for the entire Xandr engineering community. We're hands-on agents of change who exemplify and create the next wave of best practices. We're highly collaborative and our highest values include quality, scalability, automation, and team work.
We’re on the lookout for someone to lead the team of software engineer to build and implement scalable, high-performance instrumentation solutions, enabling intelligent operations through continuous observation. This highly-visible role will work closely with engineering, ops, and product teams to maximize observability and proactively minimize the impact of application performance issues.
'- Developing an enterprise-wide instrumentation strategy to support real time observability, health checks and escalations
Guide team development effort towards successful project delivery
Provide technical mentoring to teammates through coaching.
Maintain high standard of software quality by establishing best practices
Participate in peer code reviews or solutions
Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvements within the team
Work closely with Engineering teams and enable teams to quickly set up instrumentation tools by automating observability where possible
Consuming and integrating REST APIs
Defining observability standards, documentation and best practices
Creating operational dashboards to track KPI performance
Providing daily instrumentation portfolio support and maintenance
Conducting presentations and training engineers on observability tool usage
• Prior experience in mentoring a team of software developers.
• Strong working knowledge of Python or similar technologies
• Experience with ELK stack or similar log management tool
• Kubernetes knowledge preferred
• Experience designing and developing customized tools, scripts and dashboards
• Experience building robust SaaS monitoring and instrumentation frameworks
• A collaborative and customer-centric mindset with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Flexibility to fix production monitoring issues, and work in real time with team members around the globe
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the insight to translate business goals into tech requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field, or tenured related experience
• 7+ years’ experience engineering in a distributed, high-availability environment
Work timings:1 to 10 PM IST
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- AT&T Jobs