IBM Solution Architect in Bethesda, Maryland
IBM Watson Financial Services Solutions - Software Services is responsible for the successful implementation of IBM Software Solutions for clients worldwide. As a Solution Architect, you will work closely with our team of technical consultants, clients and partners to identify, design and implement solutions based on IBM’s Financial Crimes Insight offerings which help our large financial institution customers identify various types of financial crime. You will be responsible for taking customer requirements and translating them into a technical solution that can be implemented by a team of consultants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform formal reviews of project deliverables such as requirements and design documents as well as the model build.
· Collaborate with the project team to solution complex requirements that fit within the architecture and the design of the IBM FCI application.
· Implement solutions that extend the IBM FCI Application using Java, Scala, Python or R, ReactJS
· Profile and analyze web and application level performance tests and offer areas for improvement.
· Complete end-to-end architectural assessments including data integration and reporting solutions.
· Monitor and provide constructive feedback on partner activities to ensure visible and measurable contributions are being made during the implementation and to improve the overall quality of deliverables.
· Coordinate and communicate with customer and partner project managers and project resources
· Travel: Typically, 25-30 % but can vary up to 50% depending on specific project needs
Work Location: Will require you to work on-site in either NYC, NY or Research Triangle Park, NC
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Strong business and technical communication skills
· Familiar with all phases of software development including Analysis and Design, Implementation, Testing and Deployment
· Experience with, application architecture (client/server, web, database, big data)
· Working knowledge of database /big data platforms (DB2, Hadoop)
· Tools: Eclipse IDE
· Operating Systems: Windows (2003, 2008, 2000 …), Linux, Unix, MS-DOS
· Web servers: IIS, Apache HTTP Server, WAS Liberty
· Web Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS
· Understanding of Data Modeling concepts, methodologies and processes
· Fluent English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· Project related experience with configuring applications, executing technical implementations, and technical analysis
· Demonstrated ability to write basic logical queries to facilitate calculations & reporting and to create complex
· Formulae in Microsoft Excel
· Strong understanding of relational databases
· Solid understanding of financial reporting concepts
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.