Hilton Managing Director - Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills in Beverly Hills, California
The Managing Director, Beverly Hills will be responsible for managing the daily hotel operations for the exciting new Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills. The Team Member will provide overall leadership in our continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts
Waldorf Astoria is Hilton Worldwide’s luxury brand of landmark hotels, with each one as singular and timeless as the brand’s namesake. From classic elegance to modern grandeur, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts each represent worldly sophistication and unparalleled guest service. From sumptuous spas and culinary excellence to world-class golf, each hotel & resort offers the exquisite accommodations and signature accoutrements that define refinement and sophistication. Discover WaldorfAstoria by visiting www.waldorfastoria.com .Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide’s tenmarket-leading brands.
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills At A Glance:
Located adjacent to The Beverly Hilton on the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards in Beverly Hills, the 12-story, 170-room luxury hotel is the brand's first new build on the West Coast and will join the legendary Waldorf Astoria portfolio of 24 hotels and resorts. This nine-acre property is a one-of-a-kind hospitality destination with lushly landscaped grounds and gardens.
The hotel features a triple-height lobby with a contemporary Art Deco design, the signature Waldorf Astoria clock, hand-painted murals of California landscapes and custom chandeliers. Each of the 170 guestrooms features unrivaled views and floor-to-ceiling windows that open onto oversized private balconies, comfortably furnished and landscaped to create a Beverly Hills Lanai that brings the outdoors inside. On the third level, spacious Villa Suites will open onto manicured private garden terraces. The rooftop pool deck will be the largest rooftop destination of its kind in Beverly Hills and will include landscaping, VIP cabanas, lounge areas and a swimming pool specifically for hotel guests. The hotel brings exclusive services to Los Angeles from inspirational cuisine with an award-winning chef that will be proprietary to Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills to select retailers such as Graff Diamonds, and a world-class 5,000 square-foot Waldorf Astoria Spa with recognized management and products.
The hotel will also house approximately 6,300 square feet of indoor meeting and special events space, state-of-the-art technology offerings and a ground-level outdoor dining terrace and flexible open-air space to take advantage of Southern California's highly desirable year-round climate.
What will I be doing?
The Managing Director, Beverly Hills will lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to, hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive teams, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns, as well as hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Ensure guest and Team Member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop Team Member performance, particularly the executive team and department heads, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train Team Members
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- A minimum of eight (10) years of experience at the Director level
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Managing Director or General Manager for a luxury property with six-hundred plus (600 ) rooms
- A minimum of five (5) years of 5 star Luxury Hotel General Management experience
- Exceptional ability to lead and communicate during a time of rapid change and growth
- Commitment to creating an exceptional guest experience
- Experience catering to international clientele
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Degree in hospitality
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional experience
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a Luxury General Manager
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Managing Director or General Manager in the local market
- Proven Marketing, Branding and Sales expertise at a property of similar size (approximately 700 rooms)
- Strategic skill set and the ability to work with the executive team at Hilton Worldwide to chart the future for this iconic destination
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Job: General Manager/Hotel Manager
Title: Managing Director - Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
Requisition ID: HOT05LP2