Hilton Senior Sous Chef, Main Kitchen - Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills in Beverly Hills, California
This is your opportunity to join one of the most diverse and renowned restaurant groups in the world! From 3-Michelin starred Jean-Georges in NYC, to the amazing 14 seat Chef's counter at JG Tokyo, to the family style ABC kitchen in Flat Iron, this is your entry to our global opportunities of growth and development. Learn more here: http://vimeo.com/user23608541/jgmwelcome
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills is looking for a Senior Sous Chef to oversee the Main Kitchen! This luxurious property has 170 rooms, 6,300 square feet of banquet space, and 4 food and beverage outlets offering an incredible opportunity to work under Maitres Cuisiniers de France Chef Steve Benjamin and with his extraordinary team.
We are looking for a passionate and driven chef withstrong management skills to include in-room dining and banquet experience. Experience in a high volume and fine dining environment is a must.
With Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills being recognized as the #1 ranked hotel in L.A. by Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Award and Hilton earning the #9 spot on the World's Best Workplaces list by Great Place to Work, there is a lot to be proud of as a Hilton team member. Apply today!
What will I be doing?
As Senior Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting with the direction and oversight of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, a Senior Sous Chef would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Check out our video to learn more:http://vimeo.com/user23608541/jgmwelcome
Title: Senior Sous Chef, Main Kitchen - Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
Requisition ID: HOT051PG