Brinks Messenger in Birmingham, Alabama
Requisition #:20773Location:Birmingham AL - B0070
Functional Area:Logistics/TransportationEducation Required:High School Diploma
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Driver – Messenger
Have you ever seen an armored truck, and thought about the importance of the team that is responsible for the truck and its contents? It requires a special person to be able serve on an armored vehicle crew, delivering and picking up valuables at customer locations and ensuring smooth customer transactions. The messenger and driver positions require the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink’s and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink’s and its customers. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment, and heavy responsibility then we want to hear from you.
• Deliver or pick up and reconcile the valuables at a customer’s location
• Maintain radio communication with the vehicle crew and dispatch personnel to ensure a secure transaction
• Maintain the highest degree of security and control of the customer shipment at all times
• Remain alert and prepared at all times, not only protecting the crew or premises against attack, but also watching for the accidental mishandling of packages that might result in a loss
• Reconcile customer deposits and receipts of all valuables handled throughout the daily scheduled run
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• A valid driver’s license and maintenance of a satisfactory driving record
• Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
• A valid firearms permit OR ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card OR ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Chauffeur’s license or ability to obtain one in the states of Indiana, Louisiana, and Michigan
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
• Previous armored car messenger or driver experience
• Military experience
• Protective services experience
• Excellent ethics and integrity
• Excellent customer service
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Professional demeanor
• Insurance including health, dental, and life
• 401(K) with company match
• Paid vacation
• Holiday Pay
• Profit Sharing
Are you ready to drive into your new career?
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Driver/Messenger.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top