IBM Business Development Rep in BOGOTA, Colombia
The Business Development Manager is responsible to build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships for deals/projects that require non-standard services/product portfolio. The incumbent will work closely with the sales and channels teams to identify potential new opportunities, craft proposals, review contracts and close new deals with new customers to maximize revenue for the organization.
· Locate and propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners and existing customers; discovering and exploring opportunities.
· Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities;
· Develop negotiating strategies and positions examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
· Uncover new potential markets and opportunities for the sales force to uncover new sales opportunities. Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
· Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with key stakeholders.
· Project Management of Special deals from inception to implementation. Liaison between finance, commercial operations, engineering and marketing and sales. Projects includes:
· Special projects that involve an existing customer to develop or sell a new solution for non-standard products across segments and markets.
· .Provides pre, during, and post-sales support on strategic projects in the region in order to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Interacts and assists the Sales Directors in order to capitalize on new opportunities that are added in the Sales pipeline.
· Identifies opportunities ideas by researching the submarine cable industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking competitor’s moves within the Americas marketplace.
· Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
· Present to and consult with mid and senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products.
- Extensive understanding of Telecom / Data Center / Internet Service providers and SAAS sales and Operations
· Demonstrated success in developing new business, creating opportunities and managing existing client base with recurring growth revenue between 30% and 50% per year;
· Strong knowledge of Latin American market
· Ability to manage projects and coordinate deliverables
· Able to understand complex business finance concepts, e.g., margins and calculations, NPV, IRR, EVA, payback, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, etc. in an international setting dealing with foreign currencies.
· Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
· Presentation Skills.
. Able to conceive Business Plans and to show ROI for customers and partners
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English / Spanish - advanced
Portuguese - Intermediate
Over 10 years experience in Business Development
Extense Networking in Telco and ISP's
Over 10 yeras of sales experience
At least 3 years in SaaS sales experience and new strategic partnerships development
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.