Bank of America Attorney-GWIM - Investment Mgt in Boston, Massachusetts
The role supports Bank of America Merrill Lynch Investment Solutions Group (ISG) group’s delivery of investment products and services to its wealth management clients. Primary responsibilities include:
• Providing legal support to the ISG investment advisory businesses on Investment Advisers Act issues, particularly with respect to “wrap fee” programs, including advising on new and existing programs and services.
• Counseling Managed Account Advisors, Merrill Lynch’s separately registered investment manager, which acts as an “overlay” manager in the implementation and execution of third party SMA models in Merrill Lynch’s investment advisory programs.
• Advising on performance- and marketing-related materials, as well as other client facing communications under applicable SEC and FINRA rules and regulations.
• Advising the business on regulatory matters and ongoing regulatory reforms, including SEC rules and regulations and examination and sweep initiatives and priorities.
• Assisting with the maintenance and amendment of investment advisory program contracts and Form ADV Brochure documents, as well as agreements with third party managers.
• Participating in the review, policy and governance processes related to the above products and services, working with business and control partners across various groups within the organization.
Other responsibilities include:
• Providing legal support to the ISG capital markets and alternative investments businesses, including advising on public securities offerings, secondary trading matters, the distribution of hedge funds and private equity funds, and the formation of feeder funds
Provides general legal counsel to GWIM businesses. Prepares legal contracts and documents under the direction of more senior attorneys. Conducts legal research. In representing the Bank, responsibilities will typically be limited to less complex and serious actions. Individuals in this position typically have up to six years of experience since admission to the Bar.
• A minimum of 4-8 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
• Candidate must be an effective communicator who is capable of collaborating with others.
• Proficient knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
• Working knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Investment Company Act of 1940, and SEC, FINRA and CFTC rules and regulations, including Regulation D private placement regulations.
• Familiarity with investment products and investment advisory services targeted at retail investors, including suitability considerations.
• Experience with advising on performance and marketing related materials under SEC and FINRA rules and regulations.
Posting Date : 03/09/2018
Boston, MA, 100 FEDERAL ST (MA5100),
Charlotte, NC, HEARST TOWER, 214 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.