HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - Orthopaedics in Bowling Green, Kentucky
_TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital – Bowling Green, KY_
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue Distinction® designation for hip and knee replacement.
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital *is currently looking for a *Certified Nurse Assistant in Orthopaedics (Full-Time, Nights).
Working under the supervision of a licensed nurse, the Certified Nurse Aide performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
The position's tasks and responsibilities include: * Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene. * Provides skin/wound care according to established policy/procedures and regulations. * Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding. * Assists patients in ambulating. * Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O. * Performs 12 lead EKG * Passes and collects bed pans. * Changes bed linens. * Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Interprets changes in patient status, reports and intervenes appropriately. * Participates in family/patient care conferences to discuss patient goals, problems and ongoing discharge plans.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, may be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Successful completion of an approved training program, and is on the registry without findings concerning abuse, neglect, mistreatment of a resident, or misappropriation of a resident’s property
- Results of a criminal history check that do not bar the individual from providing care for the aged and persons with disabilities
- Nursing Home or hospital experience within last (1) year preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - Orthopaedics
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-68326