HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Technologist in Bowling Green, Kentucky
_Greenview Medical Center – Bowling Green, Kentucky_ Surgical Technologist Full-time, Rotating Weekends Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually, and defined pathways for the personal and professional growth of our employees. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place. HCA at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Corporate and Facility Driven Professional Development Programs
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) * Employee Stock Purchase Plan * Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance * New Extended Family Leave * Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts * Hundreds of consumer discounts * Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this Facility
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a 211-bed facility serving Southern Kentucky and surrounding areas. Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Greenview is a national leader in providing quality healthcare. TriStar Greenview offers emergency care, cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, and surgical services. Home of Kentucky's first CardioMEMS™ HF System, TriStar Greenview provides state-of-the-art cardiac care to patients managing heart failure. The facility is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Certified Primary Stroke Center.
The Surgical Technologist is an active member of the team in the Operating Room. The Surgical Technologist functions under the direct supervision of the OR nurse. He/she is responsible for the sterile field, instrumentation, sterile technique, and other tasks required during the procedure. . The Surgical Technologist supports hospital mission, values and visions. Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1–17 years) Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
* Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures. * Prepares sterile instrument table. * Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. * Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. * Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients. * Transports patients to and from surgical suite. * Positions patient according to type of surgery. * Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures. * Maintains work area. * Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization. * Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. __
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech Program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Surgical technologist students may be hired prior to graduation (within 3 months of graduation). Upon graduation, verification of completion of requirements will be verified. Failure to complete graduation requirements can result in termination of the position.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 25 pounds
- BLS certification (new employees have up to 90 days from date of hire to obtain the American Heart Association BLS for healthcare providers).
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Surgical Technologist
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-68234