HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Ultrasonographer in Bowling Green, Kentucky
Greenview Regional Hospital in Bowling Green, KY is looking for an* Ultrasonographer (Full-Time). *
About our facility:
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a 211-bed facility serving Southern Kentucky and surrounding areas. Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Greenview is a national leader in providing quality healthcare. TriStar Greenview offers emergency care, cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, and surgical services. Home of Kentucky's first CardioMEMS™ HF System, TriStar Greenview provides state-of-the-art cardiac care to patients managing heart failure. The facility is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Certified Primary Stroke Center.
*Benefit Highlights: *
• Training and Professional Development • Tuition Reimbursement • 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) • Employee Stock Purchase Plan • Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance • Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts • Financial Fitness Program with a CFP • Student Loan Forgiveness Program
The Ultrasonographer performs diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. The variety of technical procedures require rational independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in performing Ultrasounds images with basic departmental functions and goals. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission statement. Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 – 17 years) Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
The position's tasks and responsibilities include: * Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique. * Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to body area to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test. * Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns. * Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results. * Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures. * Maintains and calibrates equipment. * Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities. * Trains, orients and mentors staff members. * Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material. * Assists with transporting patients. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. * Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
- ARDMS registered or registry eligible.
- A single two-year allied health education program this is patient-care centered or equivalent.
- New employees have up to 90 days from date of hire to obtain the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider.
- Minimum of one year experience in the field is preferred
- Vascular and other subspecialties are preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-68358