HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Nurse Assistant - CNA - Burn Unit - FT Nights in Bradenton, Florida
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our hospital is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association’s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees’ health.
At Blake Medical Center, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, our hospital implemented the CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinicals”.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include: * Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene. * Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding. * Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments. * Assists patients in ambulating. * Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O. * Performs non sterile dressing changes. * Passes and collects bed pans. * Changes bed linens. * Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required.
- Previous hospital experience is desired but not required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Certified Nurse Assistant - CNA - Burn Unit - FT Nights
Location: Florida-Bradenton-Blake Medical Center - Bradenton
Requisition ID: 00309-8065