HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Executive Chef in Bradenton, Florida
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Director in planning, organizing, developing, documenting, and implementing Food Services programs.
* Ensures food production quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected need; makes substitutions and changes to menus as needed, works with dietitians and other health professionals to develop quality meals within the constraints of special dietary restrictions, uses computerized systems to maximize efficiency and cost controls.
* Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Provides leadership in the management of food production for patients, cafeteria and special functions. * Prepares and sets up steam table, serving line, station and equipment for use in meal services (patient, cafeteria and doctor’s lounge). Ensures meal services start and end on time. * Maintains and administers standards for food production and handling, cooking, sanitation, safety, cash control and employee hygiene in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations and policies and procedures. * Documents receiving log and production logs daily. Assists with maintaining HACCP standards in hot/cold food production areas. * Inspects patient trays, physicians lounge, and cafeteria for attractiveness, palatability, and temperature of foods. Ensures organized and sanitized areas according to HACCP guidelines.
- AA in Culinary Arts or related field and/or equivalent.
- 2-4 years experience in a healthcare food service setting or other large volume food service setting.
- ServSafe or equivalent required within 90 days of hire
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Executive Chef
Location: Florida-Bradenton-Blake Medical Center - Bradenton
Requisition ID: 00309-8723