HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - RN - ICU - CCU - PRN in Bradenton, Florida
Blake Medical Center is seeking a compassionate nurse who is dedicated to saving lives to join our Trauma ICU family. Apply online today!
/Blake Medical Center/ is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association’s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees’ health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®. / /// /OurIntensive Care Unit (ICU/CCU)is a 25-bed unit committed to fulfilling our hospital’s mission statement “to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time.” // / * Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, Dinamaps, Dopplers, SCD machines, Feeding pumps, CRRT, PACS, Accucheck machines, Standard Critical Care Equipment including Ventilators, BIPAP, Codman and Vigileo Monitors, Rapid Infusers, and EZ-IO * ICU hosts a variety of patient acuities/diagnoses including: Medical, Surgical, Trauma, Sepsis, DKA, Neuro, Cardiac (non-open heart surgical) Pulmonary, and more. *Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. We are looking for only the best talent. Apply online now!
* Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
* Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
* Current ACLS, PALS, and TNCC preferred, required within 6 months of hire * ABLS preferred, required within 12 months of hire * National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification required - available online at www.strokeassociation.org.
_Experience / Skills_
* Minimum 1 year RN experience preferred; prior ICU experience desired
* Prior Pediatric Nursing experience desired.
* Prior Burn experience desired, but not required. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse - RN - ICU - CCU - PRN
Location: Florida-Bradenton-Blake Medical Center - Bradenton
Requisition ID: 00309-8505