Shell Braefoot Bay Operations Supervisor in Braefoot Bay, United Kingdom
Braefoot Bay Operations Supervisor
No. of Positions:
The purpose of Braefoot Bay Marine Terminal is to load Propane, Butane and Gasoline products from the Fife NGL Plant and Ethylene and Hearth Cut Benzene product from the Fife Ethylene Plant onto vessels for export to world wide markets.
The Braefoot Bay Supervisor (Loading/Berthing Master) is responsible for:
· Supervision of all staff in the Terminal, ensuring all Statutory Legislation, Company Operating and HSSE Standards, and appropriate Industry Guidance is applied and maintained.
· Implementing maritime assurance, ensuring all aspects of maritime standards, spill preparedness and emergency response are applied.
· Responsibility for maintenance and other activities carried out under the electronic Permit to Work system.
· Providing knowledge/competence of marine activities at the Terminal, ensuring all necessary and agreed procedures associated with the berthing, loading and sailing of vessels across both jetties are executed safely and on schedule.
· Responsibility for applying and maintaining security measures under the ISPS Code, and acting as Deputy Port Facility Security Officer.
· Acting as out of hours focal point for marine related matters.
1. Leading a shift team.
2. Safety and security of personnel at the terminal.
3. Execution of all procedures necessary to ensure the safe berthing, loading and sailing of vessels at both jetties.
4. Control of all operational and maintenance activities associated with the facilities.
5. To take control and initiate immediate response to emergency situations at the terminal.
Auto req ID:
Production Operations Upstream
Country of Work Location:
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Foreign Going Deck Officer Certificate of Competence Class 1. Oil and Gas Dangerous Cargo Endorsements would be advantageous.
Minimum 3 Years service on Gas Carriers as Chief Officer
Strong leadership skills
Organisational and time management skills
Excellent communication skills
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs