HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Liaison Coordinator - Inpatient Acute Rehab - Nashville Market in Brentwood, Tennessee
_Rehab Clinical Liaison Coordinator – Inpatient Acute Rehab Programs - Nashville Market_
Nationally recognized as one of the best! HCA Inpatient Rehabilitation Services is the largest acute hospital based provider of Inpatient Rehab in the country!! Take the opportunity to come join our team and be a part of our Inpatient Rehabilitation Services!
Our programs provide specialized and highly skilled physical rehabilitation services to patients with complex needs.
Rehabilitation begins early in the patient's recovery. A dedicated rehabilitation team consists of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and rehab nurses. Each patient's rehabilitation plan is individualized to help patients and their families achieve the best possible outcome and quality of life. Our team of board certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians works with patients and their families every step of the way to get patients back to the quality of life they deserve.
Our Rehabilitation Programs are designed to help people overcome the effects of a stroke or other debilitating injury or illness. The programs combine physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, rehab nursing and nuero-psychology services under the direction of a psychiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation physician). Education, disease management, diet, home set-up, social and emotional needs and home exercise programs are provided to patients and their families to help them manage their care and perform acts of daily living at home. Medicare and most private insurance plans cover some or all of prescribed rehabilitation services.
The Clinical Liaison Coordinator for Nashville Market will be responsible for maintaining oversight of the market needs on a daily basis and allocating resources in a manner to meet needs and sustain volumes.
This position acts as a Senior Rehabilitation Liaison, who analyzes the market and develops strategies to maximize the program's penetration in the market. The manager supports all of the Clinical Rehabilitation Specialists (CRS) program functions and patient intake, performing any and all functions as needed.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates the assignment of facility based Liaisons to assure coverage of the market. Effectively moves Liaisons to assure prompt response times daily to hospitals based on number of referrals.
- Coordinates physician and case management marketing opportunities for the market.
- Completes and coordinates face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as an educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria. Ensures all referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- Manages compliance requirements for admissions
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with admitting MDs and ensures equitable distribution of patient assignments based on patient need. Manages physician referral process (referring physician preference, established patient/physician relationship)
- Strategically leads the market’s Clinical Liaison team through the setting of and accountability to performance based metrics.
- Works closely with program directors and administrative officers across the market to ensure Clinical Liaisons are strategically deployed to achieve/ exceed budgeted admission targets
- Effectively collaborates with Program Directors at each site. Performs on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Oversees and leads the operations of the insurance verification and authorization of rehabilitation referrals to ensure timely admission. Manages the intake process to assure all benefit verification and insurance authorizations are completed. Assures fair and equitable assignment of patients between rehab programs with consideration given to geography, patient choice, specific needs of the patients, census considerations, and the 60% Rule status of each program.
- Assist and coordinates the in-take and pre-admission screening process. Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria on Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner.
- Successfully manages the denial/appeal process for IRF admissions.
- Monitors insurance approval/ denial trends to elevate contracting opportunities for IRF programs.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach tools.
_Qualifications:_ * Current state license or appropriate compact state * Required RN (CRRN preferred) OR Physical Therapist OR Occupational Therapist OR Speech Pathologist (Speech Therapist) * Minimum of 2 yrs clinical experience required. * Previous leadership experience preferred. * BLS and ACLS.(PALS as appropriate) * Strong interpersonal/communication skills. * Certifications in specialty areas.
_What we offer:_
- Competitive salary
- Night and weekend shift differentials
- Generous PTO Plan
- Great medical plans, vision & dental benefits, life & disability benefits, etc.
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Consumer discounts
- And many, many more!
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Clinical Liaison Coordinator - Inpatient Acute Rehab - Nashville Market
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-Nashville FSC
Requisition ID: 08452-69234