HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Accountant in Brentwood, Tennessee
Physician Services Group (PSG) is a part of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) the world’s largest for-profit healthcare provider. Our mission at PSG is to practice the best medicine, produce superior patient experiences, achieve operational excellence and collaborate with other health care partners, so that the communities we serve reap the benefits of high-quality, cost-effective care. With over 13,000 employees nationwide, the medical teams at PSG support over 800 physician practices and have over 9 million patient encounters annually.
Senior Accountants are pivotal members of the accounting team, helping leadership direct and review work group activities as well as provide functional supervision of staff accountants. Valuable development experience is gained in this position. Career opportunities are extensive for top talent. With an accounting department of over 200, PSG has a dedicated training team who provide not only the latest in industry updates, but work with accounting leadership to help each team member progress and prosper. The HCA organization as a whole has many accounting and finance opportunities throughout the country and many of today’s leaders got their start within the Physician Services Group.
In addition to supervisory responsibilities, our Senior Accountants are responsible for general accounting functions including financial reporting of practice operations and support of practice management. Providing monthly financial statements for review by management and ensuring development, implementation and evaluation of departmental accounting standards.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Support Director of Finance in managing and evaluating performance to ensure quality of services and maintain technical expertise of workgroup personnel.
* Help direct and review workgroup activities.
* Coordinate and review work completed by Staff Accountant I & II.
* Ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness to meet specified deadlines.
* Maintain multiple general ledgers.
* Review monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
* Review detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support practice management in the review of monthly operating performance. * Review monthly reports for key indicators and statistics. * Assist practice management, as needed with financial information requests and questions. * Coordinate distribution of monthly reports to appropriate practice management personnel. * Review monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances. * Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections. * Coordinate and review annual personal property tax and Sales & Use tax returns, as required. * Perform timely internal compliance audits for Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and A/R (CBO), as directed. Maintain ongoing documentation. * Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved. * Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and other internal management. * Assist in the development, documentation and implementation of departmental accounting standards. * Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and / or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure. * Participate in ongoing professional development activities to remain informed of changing industry trends and government regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting systems and sub-systems.
* Knowledge of the financial accounting process.
* Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information. * Knowledge of accounting information systems. * Ability to analyze financial reports. * Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports. * Ability to interact with other individuals at all levels of management. EDUCATION: * Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Accounting is required. EXPERIENCE: * Five years of progressive accounting experience. * Two years of supervisory/account review experience is preferred. * Three years in a physician practice management or healthcare-related environment is highly preferred.
Job: *Finance Acctg Billing Claims & Revenue
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-HCAPS National Service - Other
Requisition ID: 07169-0226 CORP