Hilton Sous Chef in Brisbane, Australia
Hilton Brisbane are seeking a passionate, innovative Sous Chef to work closely with the Executive Chef. The role will involve managing kitchen operations, the kitchen brigade, food production and provide an exceptional and memorable culinary experience for our Guests.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Sous Chef, you will be working very closely with the Executive Chef and the Chef de Cuisine, managing the operational requirements of the kitchen and the brigade. In this hands-on role, you will have the opportunity to create, inspire and deliver an outstanding culinary experience for our guests and a rewarding employment experience for our team.Specifically, you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Contribute to menu design, using your creativity, flair and personal experience
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food throughout the hotel
- Manage customer relations, when necessary, and in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Contribute to food and beverage revenue through effective food cost control measures
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team who are able to deliver a quality product for our guests
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this exciting leadership role, you should possess:
- Previous experience as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef in a luxury hotel environment
- Experience with large volume catering and a la carte
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong management skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- A creative approach to the production of food
- A passion for producing high quality food
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- HACCP accreditation ideally holding a Food Safety Certificate
Culture and Benefits
Our team are responsible for living up to our brand promise of 'ensuring that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected' we achieve this by ensuring our Blue Energy culture is alive in each of our hotels. Blue Energy is the unspoken energy and passion behind each of our dedicated team members who are focused on making a difference. It links our vision 'To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality' – to our values of 'Hospitality', 'Integrity', 'Leadership', 'Teamwork', 'Ownership' and 'Now'. As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive;
- A competitive industry wage
- Team member only room rates across Hilton properties worldwide
- Discounts of up to 50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 2500 learning programs
- Career development planning and opportunities
- Bupa private health discount
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Sous Chef
Requisition ID: HOT04ZU1