IBM Backup and Recovery Specialist in BRNO, Czech Republic
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM backup as a service (BaaS) is unique Hybrid Cloud based Agile delivery on the market in terms of enterprise backup & recovery software administration and provisioning to our customers. Key element is to safeguard the Data that drives the World’s economy by leveraging IBM Agile Processes, Global best practices and Cognitive Technologies & Automation. You will need to ensure IT systems resiliency by successful backup & restore execution using word’s leading backup products which support the wide range of operating system platforms and additional utilities.
As Backup and Recovery Specialist in IBM you will have a great opportunity to maintain, support and troubleshoot enterprise backup environments in cooperation with the platform or application teams such as a Wintel, UNIX, Linux, SAP, Oracle, SQL, DB2 etc. You will coordinate hardware and perform software installation and its maintenance and upgrades. One of the key tasks is to keep the environment documentation accurate and up-to-date to enable fast and smooth team performance and to comply with the security and operational standards and procedures.
5x8 (Monday – Friday) central shifts with flexible office hours (based on service level agreements)
Eventual on-call duty support for critical issues with high impact to the infrastructure
Incident, problem and change management in place to document the issues and changes in the infrastructure
• Responsibilities: Maintains and monitors Backup servers, Backup agents, Storage, Virtual or Physical enterprise automated tape libraries
• Plans, schedules and performs proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation mainly on Windows and UNIX platforms.
• Performs backup environment system tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance.
• Performs daily routine maintenance
• Assists in determining workload balancing if necessary.
• Proactively oversees resolution of backup/recovery service disruptions and implementation of preventative measures.
• Analyzes and solves complex problems of network (operating) system, hardware and software components.
• Researches, tests, implements and provides recommendations to IT management for the cost effective implementation and utilization of systems to manage and support back-end and user’s systems and software, software distribution and control, systems management, storage and server systems and software.
• Designs, tests and implements measures, systems and software to protect, backup, restore and store business data for short and long-term retention periods.
• Advises application developers, technical specialists, management and users about network (operating) systems, components and peripheral devices, based on trends, developments, experiences and company/industry best practices.
• Ensures regular reporting to management regarding performance and service levels of managed systems, in order to inform responsible management about major deviations and/or corrective actions.
• Provides guidance and direction to other System Administrators.
• Maintains close relations with local management staff to ensure the local business processes are continuously and adequately being supported and developed by IT.
• Participates in projects with other IT departments and/or external vendors.
• Performs continuous research and audits to ensure continuous and high levels of performance, security and availability of network and operating systems and peripheral devices.
• Remains up-to-date with the latest network computer systems, operating systems, innovations and industry best practices.
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• 5 weeks of paid vacation
• Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
• Strong career opportunities
• Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
• Above standard Medical Care
• Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
• Global Travel and Life insurance
• Contribution to the Pension fund
• IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
• Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
• Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
• Benefit from mentoring and coaching
• Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
UNIX and Windows administrators skills - basic knowledge needed
Backup and Recovery strategies
Experience in Backup services using Netbackup, Comvault or different backup software
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs