KeyBank Instructional Designer in Brooklyn, Ohio
Instructional DesignerinBrooklyn, OHatKey Bank- Corporate
Date Posted: 1/22/2020
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 4900 Tiedeman Road Brooklyn, OH
Job Type: Other
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 1/22/2020
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
An Instructional Designer is responsible for engaging and consulting with direct manager, Human Resources (HR) partners, and other key stakeholders across the enterprise to design and develop innovative learning solutions, create and maintain curriculum(s), and design and implement program-based learning solutions that support the business strategy.
An Instructional Designer is innovative, agile, and a flexible problem-solver. Additionally, they are curious, passion-driven, and a lifelong learner. Furthermore, this individual possesses solid business acumen, expertise in adult learning, possess strong technical expertise (tools and technology), and is change management focused. The Instructional Designer demonstrates operational effectiveness by using solid learning and project management disciplines such as agile and waterfall cascade, to assess, design and develop learning solutions using multiple learning methods, assessment and evaluation tools and metrics.
The Instructional Designer will incorporate an instructional design methodology/model by effectively analyzing the training need, defining the learning requirements, determining the learning solution, designing and developing the training and evaluating the outcome to ensure it aligns with the needs of the business.
Essential Job Functions
• Consults and collaborates with key stakeholders in various Lines of Business and Training to define scope of learning experiences, clarify learning objectives, identify subject-matter experts, timeline and projected outcomes. Work with subject matter experts and identifies target audience s training needs.
• Designs and develops learning solutions, leveraging tested instructional design theories, practices and methods to create learning activities that are engaging, activity-based, and results-oriented. Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge.
• Defines instructional end goals and creates content to achieve each. Conducts instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts. Applies tested instructional design theories, practices and methods.
• Creates solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of learners (e.g. instructor-led, webinars, videos, simulation, gamification, online courses, quick reference guides, job aids, performance support walkthroughs, etc.). Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product. Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
• Implements tools to track the results of learning experiences (i.e. assessments, quizzes, evaluation strategies). Determines the criteria used to judge learner s performance and develop assessment instruments. Makes recommendations based on these measurements to improve quality of training programs.
• Drives effective project management in all projects through the identification of scope, key stakeholders, RACI models, timelines, and issues/resolution logs. Maintain project documentation and course folders
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience.
• At least 4 years experience in employee development/training, including facilitation, instructional design, alternative learning methods
• Knowledge of best practices in adult learning and instructional design (ADDIE, Gagne, Bloom s Taxonomy, Gilbert s Behavior Engineering Model)
• Ability to convert technical or complex information into easily used and understandable text and graphics.
• Experience with learning solution authoring tools (i.e., Brainshark, Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate, WebEx, Camtasia, Vyond, etc.) and other HR Systems (i.e. Cornerstone LMS, Workday HRIS)
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Strong listening skills, attention to detail, and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
• Experience implementing learning and development strategies and programs
• BA/BS in training, learning and development or related business field, or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, use problem solving skills and work under deadline pressure.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex client requirements; strong client focus/client management and follow-up skills; strong ability to multi-task and continually prioritize and reprioritize given changing business environment
• Experience in developing video-based and whiteboard content (i.e. Vyond, Camtasia)
• Knowledge of SCORM standards (i.e. single SCO and multi SCO solutions)
Competencies / Skills
• Collaborative: Establishes strong partnerships with fellow HR/Training professionals and internal clients
• Communication Skills: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Demonstrating ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience
• Resourcefulness: Finding innovative ways to overcome obstacles or solve problems
• Creative Thinking: Developing innovative solutions and thinking creatively. Using techniques to brainstorm ideas and look at something from a different perspective
• Technical Capabilities: Ability to identify how to leverage system and technology to improve way of working
• Execution Effectiveness: Proactive with setting timelines and identifying opportunities; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goals; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.