HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Laboratory Tech II in Brooksville, Florida
Oak Hill Hospital
Oak Hill Hospital, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, is a 280 bed acute care hospital in the community of Brooksville. Our experienced healthcare team is dedicated to diagnosing and treating patients faster than any hospital in the county. We are the area's second largest private employer and offer the only comprehensive heart program in Hernando County. We go out of our way for our patients by offering an expanded ED and these Centers of Excellence:
Chest Pain Center with PCIHeart & Vascular InstituteOrthopedics & Spine Care CenterAdvanced Primary Stroke CenterWomen's ServicesMedical Laboratory Technician -Oak Hill Hospital
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Medical Laboratory Technician? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Laboratory Technician here at Oak Hill Hospital. This position is a day shift position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Laboratory Technician on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Medical Laboratory Technician to the team. Our team of Medical Laboratory Technician take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.You've put years of hard work, education and training into establishing a great career for yourself. Your compassion and commitment to quality care have placed you among the best in the profession. Now it's time to enjoy the incomparable rewards of a career with us.
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
Nationally recognized certification as a medical technician.
- Florida State Licensure as a Medical Lab Technician is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an MLT in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- MUST be comfortable working alone and covering all areas of lab.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
Title: Medical Laboratory Tech II
Location: Florida-Brooksville-Oak Hill Hospital - Spring Hill
Requisition ID: 26598-1483