IBM Operations Team Leader in BUDAPEST, Hungary
Manages and leads people/activities within one team. The Team Leader’s role is to run their team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that resource is adequate to achieve agreed targets in the specified area of Procurement Operations. The Team Leader shall act as a point of contact for clients (Client Procurement / Requesters) and related teams within GPS Operations.
Main Responsibility Areas
• Meeting targets and deadlines on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis according to agreed SLAs.
• Ensure team is adequately trained and resourced to cover key tasks, includes for cover during absences for sickness or holiday.
• Act as focal point for effective communication with related teams both inside the Ops Centre and within the supported countries, and with the client.
• Act as focal point for escalations, ensuring that line management are made aware of any critical issues.
• Identifying, communicating and (where agreed) implementing system and process improvements that lead to enhanced productivity.
• Compiling and regular maintenance of country or task specific Desktop Procedure or Work Instruction documents.
• Ensure that team members adhere to their employment Ts and Cs in terms of punctuality, dress code, heath and safety and sickness absences.
• Alert line manager to any issues which could affect the performance of the team in a timely manner time.
• Provide assistance to line manager on appraisals by providing feedback against agreed objectives on team members.
• Run regular status meetings with team members and separately with line manager covering performance against operational targets as well as any other issues.
Main Contacts / Clients
Own team of OPS buyers/CAC agents, Client procurement organization, Country Sourcing buyers/Tactical buyers, Suppliers, Requesters, Accounts payable, Management (Direct), Team leaders
Participates as individual contributor to the team. Coordinates day-to-day activities to meet operational metrics. Can develop and implement recommendations, demonstrates initiative, and contributes to problem solving. Direct responsibilities for operational measurements. Carries out variety of complex activities according to plan within broader area of responsibility, analyses problems. Decision making affecting own work.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Apply strong oral and verbal communication skills
Apply leadership skills, good coordination skills
Apply collaboration/teaming techniques
Perform in matrix organization
Perform time management
Apply Knowledge of Data Analysis
Apply Knowledge of Business Organization and Processes, Work instructions
Apply Knowledge of Commodity Strategy
Apply Business Control Requirements
Apply customer satisfaction skills
Apply client facing skills
Ability to complete staff-work to a high standard
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.