IBM Professional z/OS System Programmer in BUDAPEST, Hungary
This role is responsible for providing service as ongoing operational management and control, including the overall operational health of servers, systems and subsystems. Also responsible for handling problems and changes by using the required tools and following appropriate procedures, and acts as the first point of contact in case of escalations.
· Planning and installation of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
· Planning and installation of upgrades/new software when required.
· Open requirements and/or fix requests for software updates
· Management of system & software configurations (via change control).
· Ensuring that all work is actioned in accordance with security standards.
· Use of the current processes/tools to assist with security healthchecking and maintenance of security standards.
· Ensuring that Security APARS/PTFs are managed and applied before due date.
· Creation and maintenance of documentation.
· Working to establish and build on collaborative working relationships with customer groups and other teams.
· Reviewing and approving change control plans.
· Resolution of problems relating to the operating system and associated software.
. Provide support for IBM internal teams.
. Make sure to reach SLA-s for incidents/changes/service requests.
. Handle incoming e-mails / requests from IBM internal teams and customers.
· Software - Problem Determination/Resolution
· Problem solution and changes which are carried out and monitored in various PCM Tools
· Software Last Level Support
· Maintenance of system documentation
· Maintenance of operator manuals
What we can offer
Health/insurance related benefits (AYCM sports card, private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
Commuting and relocation support
Special discounts with IBM card
New employee referral bonus
International environment, development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred IT Engineer Degree
At least 3 years System Programmer experiences or relevant Mainframe support experiences.
Good level of English language
z/OS upgrade and maintenance
Strong SMP/E knowledge
IBM software installation and maintenance(TWS, Omegamon, etc.)
ISV software installation and maintenance(CA, Compuware, Relational Architects, etc.)
Last level problem solving
IBM System Automation installation and maintenance(upgrade, PTF install)
IBM System Automation administration(define STCs, timers, etc., strong REXX knowledge needed)
GDPS installation and maintenance(upgrade, PTF install)
GDPS administration and configuration(participating in D/R tests as a GDPS expert)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Capacity & performance management(add/remove MIPS, memory in HMC)
Security system programmer(upgrade and maintenance of security related products, like RACF, CA ACF2 or TopSecret)
User administration(user ID and access creation, profile maintenance, etc.)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.