Oracle Programmer Analyst 1-IT in Budapest, Hungary
Programmer Analyst 1-IT
Position Title: Partner Engagement and Operational Support Engineer (IC1)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Supervisor: Manager – Partner Engagement and Operational Support (HUN)
The Partner Engagement and Incident Management team is an integral part of Oracle’s Cloud Native Engineering (CNE) group which provides a micro-services driven platform, continuous software delivery tool chain, and operations model to support high margin, highly elastic, and highly available Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. The response team will provide the engineering link between Level 1 support, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, CNE Development, and Applications Development teams for Oracle’s Communication, Health Sciences, Utilities, Construction & Engineering, Financial Services, Retail, and Hospitality Global Business Units.
Partner Engagement and Operational Support engineers will provide 24x7 coverage for the operation of the CNE micro-services platform that serves as a bridge between Level 1 support and development teams. Their primary role will be to assess issues raised and resolve if possible without escalation. If escalation is required, they are expected to triage the issue and provide clear and detailed analysis for engineering to diagnose and solve the defect. As part of the triage effort, the team will determine which other teams are required to engage for problem resolution; Cloud Native Engineering, Applications teams, and / or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. This team will also be expected to communicate work arounds if possible to ensure service levels are maintained until the root cause defect is resolved. The ability to work with CNE development to create and deploy tools to improve incident management and monitoring functions is also strongly desired.
• Motivated to learn multiple, cutting edge technologies in the cloud industry
• Excellent communications skills - verbal and written English
• Basic problem solving capabilities and the ability to breakdown technical problems across multiple domains.
• Understanding multiple layers of networking and the OSI model.
• Working with initial deployments of new products is highly desired
• Linux operating system administration and networking with shell scripting
• Experience with a high level language such as Python (preferred) or JAVA
• Understanding orchestration and automated configuration management, Terraform experience is a plus
• Conceptual knowledge of containers, micro-service architecture, and continuous integration environments
• Experience with tools such as Git and GitLab-CI. JIRA and Confluence experience is also desirable.
• Experience working with DevOps and Agile including SCRUM and KANBAN
• Familiarity/experience with ITIL Foundation methodologies
• Experience with automation techniques.
• Fundamental understanding of relational databases and SQL language.
• Fundamental understanding of cloud operations, monitoring, analytics tool/applications, such as ELK, Kibana dashboards, and Grafana.
Summary of Qualifications:
A major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or similar major; strong work ethic, and high integrity.
The position will require rotating shift work including weekends with commensurate pay per shift. Shifts may require longer hours, but will also result in 1 week in 4 being completely off. On-Call and Overtime may also be required, with commensurate pay.
Some initial travel to the US may be required for training.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, provide testing and basic analysis of situations/data that support Oracle's standard infrastructure systems.
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and procedures. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire