KeyBank Analyst/Investigator I in Buffalo, New York
Analyst/Investigator IinBuffalo, NYatKey Bank- Corporate
Date Posted: 11/7/2019
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 239 Van Rensselaer Street Buffalo, NY
Job Type: Banking
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/7/2019
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Conduct client interviews.
• Conduct a relationship review to determine the nature and extent of the customer s account and product/service relationship at Key.
• Complete background investigations on clients utilizing third party sources, open source internet research.
• Exercise judgement to validate information utilizing internal bank operation systems and various external systems.
• Complete transaction reviews on deposit accounts, perform cash analysis and review wire transfer activity.
• Collect and analyze suitability of required risk factor specific documentation.
• Work with LOB management, Compliance and relationship manager(s) to resolve matters where supporting documentation does not adequately describe risk associated with a client.
• Make appropriate referrals to AML Investigations, OFAC or Executive Client Relations team if unusual or suspicious activities are noted.
• Partner with the RISC Office, Lines of Business and product partners to access the suitability of a client and to make a recommendation to accept the risk the client presents or to exit the relationship.
• Expedite discoveries involving egregious negative news, terrorist financing, security threats or items that require immediate attention from Senior Management.
• Strong working knowledge and work experience concerning anti-money laundering laws, regulations and guidance (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot ACT, Know Your Customer etc.)
• Bachelor s Degree from in Criminal Justice, Intelligence Analysis, Intelligence Studies, or possess 5-7 years of related practical business experience.
• Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.