Arrow Electronics Senior Database Administrator in Cairo, Egypt
Senior Database Administrator
● Ensure all database related problems assigned by the Oracle DBA Lead are resolved in a timely manner to minimize user impact. Coordinates and performs Oracle Clones, Application Installation Patches, and Upgrades.
● Conduct root cause analysis on persistent or major database related problems.
● Performs Application Maintenance as required.
● Research Application Issues (SRs).
● On-Call Support for project/production environment.
● Support Maintenance Outages throughout the year.
Job complexity may vary among jobs within this job level and will align with one of the job complexities listed below:
(1) Incumbent has limited level of discretion to vary from established procedures, works under general supervision, and solves some straightforward problems. Incumbent generally has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function.
(2) Incumbent has high level of discretion to vary from established procedures, works under supervision, and solves some complex problems. Incumbent generally has substantial work experience involving complex concepts and procedures in theories/concepts in own function.
Qualifications and Requirements :
Minimum (3-5)….. years of experience in the following areas
Should have strong experience in SQL Server, MySQL, DB.
Prior working experience in big enterprise level projects.
Experience in Query optimizations or performance tuning.
Experience with Database upgradation, enhancement and migration.
Define Backup/Recovery Strategy
Troubleshooting SQL Server&MYSQL issues
Maintaining high availability solutions
Support application team in development and test phase for all critical projects
Experience with Oracle,– a big plus
Cairo, Egypt (Al Emdad & Al Tamween)
Arrow Electronics, Inc.'s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, citizenship, veran status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state, federal or local laws. Our policy of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action applies to all employment decisions personnel policies and practices, or programs.
- Arrow Electronics Jobs