Farmers Insurance IT Application Subject Matter Expert I in Caledonia, Michigan
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates application technical design provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for new application functionality; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting user/system environmental issues, and training as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
*Education Requirements: * Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Level I: 2 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role.
- Mainframe application development with the Property and Casualty Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Experience in analysis, solution design, development, testing and deployment.
- Strong knowledge of statutory and financial reporting.
Technical knowledge: Cobol, CICS, DB2, SQL, Easytrieve, JCL, ETL/Informatica, Adabas/Natural.
Special Skill Requirement: Good written and oral skills in local language.
Internal Title: App SME I
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: IT Application Subject Matter Expert I
Requisition ID: 180007TM
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids