Farmers Insurance Print Finishing Technician II - 3rd Shift (800 hour contract) in Caledonia, Michigan
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Total Rewards Benefits Package * Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance * 401k Plan (6% Match) starting on day 1 of employment 4% in 2019! * Wellness Programs * Tuition Assistance * Generous Paid Time Off program Schedule is Sunday - Thursday, 11p – 7:30a
- Setup and operate bindery/finishing equipment.
- Coordinates assigned work involving the finishing of forms, publications and other printed materials in accordance with In-Plant Printing department quality standards and procedures.
- Visually inspects work to confirm it meets job specifications.
- Performs moderate troubleshooting and equipment maintenance tasks.
- Trains co-workers.
Communicates with outside suppliers as needed.
Essential Job Functions
Sets up and operates multiple types of bindery/finishing equipment.
- Coordinates workload schedule with production team to meet customer quality and timeframe requirements.
- Shares knowledge and trains co-workers on equipment.
- Visually inspects all work.
- Stages materials for efficient and orderly processing.
- Works with parts/equipment/paper suppliers as needed.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment as expected.
Able to conduct moderate troubleshooting of issues.
High school diploma or equivalent. Some college education (preferred)
3-5 years experience as a print finishing/bindery operator or equivalent. Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure production environment (preferred).
Special Skill Requirement
Strong working knowledge of printing papers. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Mechanically-skilled individual capable to address moderate quality corrections or repairs to print finishing/bindery equipment. Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office or equivalent (preferred).
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Print Finishing Technician II - 3rd Shift (800 hour contract)
Requisition ID: 1800091C