Farmers Insurance Senior Sales Agent in Caledonia, Michigan
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Total Rewards Benefits Package * Full Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance * 401k Plan (6% Match) starting on day 1 of employment * Wellness Programs * Tuition Assistance (Up to $5,200 reimbursement after 1 year of employment) * Generous Paid Time Off program Read about our Certified great workplace culture!
- Initiates communication with agency insureds and potential insureds regarding new sales, additional products and coverages.
- Receives and responds to a broad range of written inquiries, telephone inquiries and service requests.
- Obtains information necessary to complete new loss setups, applications, endorsements and cancellations.
- Monitors workflow for timely processing of same. Participates in special projects as needed. Calculates and provides quotes.
Processes policy transactions. Provides agency services to insureds regarding Specialty Lines products, coverages and/or services.
Essential Job Functions
Positively impacts the net written premium by effectively direct marketing Specialty Lines products and coverages to insureds and potential insureds.
- Utilizes FPSS approach. Tracks results. Researches, analyzes and addresses coverage inquiries regarding in-force business, claim status and billings.
- Provides rate quotations upon request. Codes and submits telephoned processing requests for endorsements, cancellations and corrections: Applies specified underwriting authority.
- Monitors processing service and claims service. Upgrades coverages where possible. Assumes primary responsibility for special projects as assigned by supervisor: Special solicitation projects.
Special data gathering and analysis projects. Assists with park presentations and park newsletters to generate new business. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school graduation required; college degree preferred. Should have an interest in furthering education in property and casualty insurance area (CPCU, INS, etc.) and should be pursuing agent license.
Should have minimum 3 years telemarketing experience. Very helpful to have experience with Specialty Lines products, services and systems.
Special Skill Requirement
Must be fluent in English and in Spanish, particularly in the areas of speaking, reading, and writing. Must successfully pass a third party testing process as determined by Farmers and meet the minimum proficiency standard for the approved language(s) based on the established testing guidelines. Ability to utilize keyboard. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, physical demands and skills required of personnel so classified.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Direct Sales to the Market
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Senior Sales Agent
Requisition ID: 1800026K