Accenture Cloud Security Manager in Calgary, Alberta
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Why join Accenture’s Security team?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across 70 countries, Accenture’s Security practice helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 5000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Leveraging our global resources and next-generation technologies, we create an integrated, comprehensive program tailored to each organization’s specific business goals and industry. Recognizing that there is no finish line in securing enterprises, we are constantly collaborating at our global cyber labs and centers with our broad, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem of the best minds in security. Our focus on continuous innovation gives us a front lines perspective that ensures we are adapting to match the pace of security challenges.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that we are able to offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
CLOUD & INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY strengthens clients’ ability to detect, prevent, and respond to infrastructure threats (networks, clouds, endpoints, mobile, and IoT). This includes cloud security, network architecture transformation, NextGEN anti-virus and endpoint detection & response.
Although no two days at Accenture are the same, your duties as Cloud Security Manager likely will include:
• Working directly with clients and Accenture teams in a multi-disciplined team structure, designing and implementing cloud solutions across a variety of vendor
• Leading client engagements and providing subject matter expertise to clients and engagement teams
• Developing deep working relationships with Senior Executives and Senior Managers across the account teams and clients.
• Reviewing Payments' application infrastructure design on-premise and on the cloud and devising the needed infrastructure and microservices security architecture (inclusive of: container security architecture, data security architecture, network security architecture and operational security architecture).
• Reviewing the infrastructure & microservices design against different security regulatory, industry and internal standards such as PCI DSS and CSA Containers' security guidelines, and identifying the necessary security architecture requirements for the same.
• Reviewing the infrastructure & microservices network and data architecture and identifying the necessary security architecture requirements for the same. Inclusive of - non-exhaustive -
o Tenant Security,
o AKS Security,
o Containers & Mesh Networking Security
o Application Gateway & WAF,
o Security Groups and VNET Segmentations,
o Security Analytics,
o Encryption & Keys Management
• Devising a logical and technical infrastructure and microservices security architecture, comprising,
o A register of infrastructure and microservices security components (technologies, operations and services).
o Delineation of which components needs to be developed/coded, COTS-ready and need to be configured, native to Azure or provided by third party vendors.
o Provide low- and high-level applications security architecture renderings.
o Mapping the security architecture components to regulatory, client and industry standards and ensuring all applicable ones are fulfilled in the design (GO-ITS, PCI DSS, Accenture Cloud Platform, etc).
• Overseeing threat modeling for applications and services to identify security threats, weaknesses and associated countermeasures.
• Ensuring that final design addresses identified threats and countermeasures during threat modeling
• Assisting Accenture Leadership in business development activities such as client proposals, thought leadership and participation at industry events
• Building knowledge capital through research and development and leveraging industry insights to deliver best of breed expertise to clients.
• Helping grow Accenture’s security practice across North America through thought leadership and entrepreneurialism
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in cloud security, including designing and architecting solutions based on client requirements.
• Experience in leading teams and managing projects
• Strong experience in Azure Cloud Security Architecture & Microservices Security (e.g: Tenant Security, AKS Security, Containers’ Security, Pod Security, Application Gateway & WAF, Security Groups and VNET Segmentations, Security Analytics, etc).
• Minimum 3 years working experience on infrastructure and microservices security assessments and/or architecture design, preferably for payment applications
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in consulting and implementation of cloud solutions across various service areas/groups.
• First-hand technical working experience on microservices application security technologies and services, conversant on different technology and service offerings in the market, able to recommend and differentiate between offerings, with Special emphasis on Azure Security native offerings and how they rank against market offerings.
• Strong ability to lay down a high- and low-level infrastructure & microservices security architecture, outlining logical and technical security architecture components.
• Good familiarity with payments security standards and how to fulfill them (PCI DSS, PCI PTS, PCI P2PE etc), as well as local and regulatory standards (GO-ITS, PIPEDA, etc).
• Distinct problem-solving skills with proven technical writing and communication abilities.
• Comfortable using M.S Visio to chart different types of diagrams.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
• In possession of, or able to qualify for, Canadian security clearance strongly preferred
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
At Accenture, inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and embedded in our core values. We are committed to creating a workforce where our people can feel comfortable, be themselves and contribute. Like Canada itself, Accenture employees represent a tremendous variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs, backgrounds and languages. We offer an inclusive environment regardless of personal characteristics such as ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability.
Requesting an Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve clients, our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Job candidates are not required to disclose any offence for which a pardon has been granted.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
- Accenture Jobs