Accenture Senior Manager, Security Operations Delivery Lead in Calgary, Alberta
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career
Why join Accenture’s security practice?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across 70 countries, Accenture’s security practice helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 5000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Leveraging our global resources and next-generation technologies, we create an integrated, comprehensive program tailored to each organization’s specific business goals and industry. Recognizing that there is no finish line in securing enterprises, we are constantly collaborating at our global cyber labs and centers with our broad, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem of the best minds in security. Our focus on continuous innovation gives us a front lines perspective that ensures we are adapting to match the pace of security challenges.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it can offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
Security professional with over 15 years of experience holding a proven track record of leading SOC teams. Responsible for supporting highly complex, scalable and reliable security infrastructure solutions and monitoring systems. As a Security Operations Senior Manager will not only be responsible for Run operations but need to have strong experience managing client relationships, commercials and transition programs. Candidate must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills in order to build high performing teams and act as a technical SME to troubleshoot complex issues, define service objectives based on the client strategy and continuously improve the maturity of overall SOC operations.
• Lead Security Operations team in support of 24/7 operations and project support activities.
• Manage the process of gathering, analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape.
• Identify and manages risks and issues as a subject matter expert for daily operational support and projects
• Provide CISO/Senior Management with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment and provide forward looking plan to improve defense in depth.
• Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives.
• Define efficacy metrics and track the performance of SOC operations as well as work to elevate the maturity
• Create reports, dashboards and metrics for SOC operations and present to relevant stakeholders.
• Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency.
• Manage and coordinate operational components of incident management, including detection, response, remediation and reporting.
• Maintain a knowledgebase comprising of a technical reference library, security advisories and alerts, information on security trends and practices, and laws and regulations.
• Manage the day-to-day activities for varied security domains such as SIEM, IVM, ISM etc.
• Manage security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other IT projects.
• Assist and guide the disaster recovery planning team in the selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
• Participate in audits and support during major incidents as a SME.
• Manage the financial aspects of the deal
• Spot new business avenues whilst nurturing existing relationships and ensuring high quality delivery
• Support practice growth and enhanced client maturity.
• Build high performing team including, but not limited to: hiring, coaching, setting team focus and ensuring team motivation
• Experience interacting, presenting and working with senior security executives at the client
• Strong proficiency in Incident Management and Response
• Experience in security device management and SIEM
• In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
• Experience in threat management and threat intelligence
• Good understanding of Infrastructure Security and its impact on Security Operations, Vulnerabilities, Reporting, Analytics and Monitoring.
• Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not limited to Windows, Linux, Unix
• Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware to address security threats against the same.
• Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Experience in vendor management
• Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
• Good analytical skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge and experience with MS office with proficiency in Excel
• Proven documentation skills including proficiency with the documentation and documentation maintenance for process workflow diagrams.
• Willingness to provide on call support for critical production issues
• Bachelor’s and above degree in Computer Science, Information & Technology, MIS, Engineering.
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
• Experience working in a diversified, virtual & cloud environment including AWS and Azure platform.
• Administrational tool development and maintenance.
• Experience implementing NIST framework
• Certifications such as CISSP, ITIL, GCIH
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
At Accenture, inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and embedded in our core values. We are committed to creating a workforce where our people can feel comfortable, be themselves and contribute. Like Canada itself, Accenture employees represent a tremendous variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs, backgrounds and languages. We offer an inclusive environment regardless of personal characteristics such as ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability.
Requesting an Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve clients, our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Job candidates are not required to disclose any offence for which a pardon has been granted.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
- Accenture Jobs