Canadian Pacific Railway Analyst Business Process Improvement SAP HCM in Calgary, Canada
Req ID: 75423
Department: Strategic Planning
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Type: Non-Union
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
% of Travel: 0-10%
of Positions: 1
Job Available to: Internal & External
Deadline to apply: 05/29/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Business Process Improvement Analyst, SAP HCM is responsible for managing the business processes associated with Employee Master Data. This position performs analysis of employee life cycle transactions, and designs the processes and models, with an assessment of the business model and its relationship with SAP. The Analyst will also work on maintaining internal controls and safeguards.
• Streamline and improve business processes, ensuring that they are reviewed regularly. Monitor process performance;
• Coordinate change initiatives to improve quality and reduce effort involved in delivering services to employees;
• Develop and implement communication strategies for various stakeholder groups;
• Measure results and compliance to standardized business processes;
• Develop information and reports, using a variety of information systems and tools;
• Review complex situations and refer to the Manager for those situations which are out of the ordinary and require expert intervention and or advice;
• Maintain internal controls & safeguards – support departmental internal controls and audit requirements;
• Create and validate the current and future-state processes with business partners.
• Post-secondary education or 3 to 5 years’ experience in benefits or payroll administration preferred;
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation preferred;
• Business Process Improvement experience an asset;
• Understanding of SAP HCM an asset;
• Strong verbal and written communication;
• Knowledge of Excel;
• Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
Flexible and competitive benefits package
Competitive company pension plan
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Performance Incentive Program
Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
Criminal history check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").