McKesson Director, Community Health Center Development in California (Remote), California
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring a Director, Community Health Center Development to be ideally based in California. This role does not manage people.
Territory: All Western Sates (West of Mississippi River)
• Achieving combined Sales, Gross Profit and Gross Profit percent plan on all base business accounts and new accounts.
• Responsible for favorable, corporate and field, business relationships and ongoing partner momentum at our Community Health Center (CHC) customers and CHC GPOs.
• This position must support the Company's strategic plan for the accounts to ensure long-term Company goals aligned with the current business plans and aggressively supports a profitable growth strategy.
• Measure customer penetration, performance and margin contribution of programs and services in coordination with financial guidelines.
• Interface with CEOs, COOs, Vice Presidents and Directors from various departments within customer headquarters, including Sales, Operations, Accounts Payable, Information Technology and Training/Development.
• Work with manufacturing vendors to enhance portfolios, gain compliance, grow sales and enhance margin.
• Perform Business Reviews with customers on a quarterly, annual and bi-annual basis expanding base business via product line expansions, new market penetration, promotions and other growth drivers.
• Establish, manage and monitor new processes to relieve or alleviate customer business concerns or work flow processes.
• Establish ongoing performance requirements and ensure effective processes to monitor contract agreements to include service levels, pricing, vendor agreements, and customer support.
• Identify and target potential new accounts. Present to key decision makers. Partner with Account Managers on target opportunities.
• Present McKesson value proposition and negotiate agreements for new business opportunities.
• Train and educate sales team on Community Health Center strategy, process and working elements.
• 5 years sales, or sales management experience
• Field sales experience within the Community Health Center market
• Proven sales or sales management experience with demonstrated ability in corporate account, Community Health Center or GPOs
• Proven experience selling to C-Suite executives
• Strong executive level negotiation skills.
• Knowledge / experience of the healthcare distribution business
• Strong verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must be able to work with little supervision
• Must be able to work in a high energy, fast paced environment
• Acceptable driving record
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Understanding of GPO's
• Strong organization and time management skills; results oriented
• Demonstrated track record of sales success with ability to provide portfolio
• Nurses or administrators with sales experience
• Understanding of the Community Health Center landscape and governmental healthcare programs
year degree or equivalent experience
• Valid driver's license
• Must be able to travel via car or plane
• Perform computer based work
• Carry laptop regularly
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Job: Sales/Client Management
Organization: McKesson Medical Surgical
Title: Director, Community Health Center Development
Location: California-California (Remote)
Requisition ID: 18001198