HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Engineering Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters inCambridge, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for an Engineering Manager who is motivated to elevate teams to do their best work. We are looking for a manager who can balance the delivery demands of a growing company while developing the next generation of engineering leaders.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Act as the direct manager to technical team leads and ensure teams are disciplined in their engineering practice
- Support teams via task planning and code reviews; advocate clear and understandable design artifacts
- Grow teams through internal promotion and external hiring
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of software development lifecycle
- Significant experience with leading agile teams and advocate for agile philosophies
- Ability to foresee potential functional and scalability problems and own issues through resolution
- Ability to determine accurate and dependable delivery estimates
- A self-starter that uses good judgment in how best to apply their time effectively
- Strong commitment to teamwork
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in full software development lifecycle using an agile methodology
- No prior experience in life sciences or healthcare is required but ample curiosity and a willingness to learn are a must This position is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances./
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 9876-03GS