American Water Business Analyst in Camden, New Jersey
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Responsible for the management of the Company’s operational and financial data including developing analytics, reporting performance metrics to drive operational performance (including KPIs), and providing support in the analysis and reporting of financial results of NJ American Water.
• Work with the Regions and Finance to deliver effective analysis of results (plan, forecast and actuals).
• Develop, analyze, consolidate Key Performance Indicator and other dashboard reports, including alignment with other states as necessary.
• Drives financial performance through detailed analysis, tracking, and communication of specific areas of spend, such as fleet and telecommunications. May include cost modeling for ROI of projects. May include revenue generating projects.
• Act as the primary contact for the Regions for queries and support.
• Provide support to other projects and activities as appropriate.
• Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office, Lotus Notes, etc.) Enterprise systems knowledge, SAP preferred
• General knowledge of operations
• Strong Financial analysis skills, including budget management and financial modeling.
• Strong data analysis and reporting skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills (tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation and ability to motivate others).
• Good verbal and written communication skills (e.g., presentation, listening, report writing).
• Strong team-working skills and ability to manage/produce in a culturally and geographically diverse, multi-company, matrix organization.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
• Experience in challenging processes, decisions and plans at levels up to senior management.
High energy, creativity, resourcefulness and entrepreneurial spirit; Ability to absorb technical and financial information and convey the same information into non-technical terms to the client. Data analysis and forecasting preferred.
• 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Business-related discipline or equivalent years of experience.
• MBA or CPA preferred
Generally office based, although a willingness to travel to Regions for meetings is desirable.
Behavioral & Technical Skills
Accountability: Takes responsibility for own actions. Accepts responsibility for decisions, actions, mistakes and for "making it right." Motivation to perform one’s job in a careful, thorough way, using prescribed procedures to meet commitments.
Communication & Information Sharing (ALL): Comprehends written materials. Presents ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly and concisely when writing or speaking. Ability to accurately listen and understand, and then respond when interacting with individuals and groups.
Community & Good Neighbor Orientation: Demonstrates actions that support the community and the environment.
Continuous Improvement: Motivated to add value by finding and implementing better, more efficient and more cost-effective ways of completing work. Being proactive.
Initiative: Ability to be proactive; having the energy, aptitude and motivation to begin an activity relating to personal and work objectives.
Learning Orientation: Desire to constantly learn new skills and develop competencies that will improve performance and effectiveness; desire to build deep understanding of one's work, business and role within the organization.
Safety Awareness: Awareness, understanding and the management of the exposures (e.g., hazards at home, work, and everywhere else) that affect safety.
Teamwork & Collaboration: The ability to participate and work with others as part of a team to accomplish common goals.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing*™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants* based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.