Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Assistant Marketing Manager in Canada, Ontario
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Assistant Marketing Manager, Household
The Household Division is the largest division of the company with a multitude of high profile iconic brands such as Arm & Hammer, OxiClean and Waterpik. The assignment encompasses support on key brands in the Household Portfolio which include Arm & Hammer Laundry, Arm & Hammer Toothpaste and key brand lead on Arm & Hammer Spinbrush. This is a dynamic opportunity for an up and coming marketer looking to further solidify their experience in supporting brands in highly competitive categories.
Your background from CPG industry will help you support Marketing Managers to build winning strategies and assist in the operation of the brands while leveraging US and International successes and key learnings. This position will report to a Sr. Marketing Manager with dotted line reporting to a Marketing Manager.
The candidate will work closely with all internal cross functional counterparts such as Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, R&D and our International teams. You will also work closely with our integrated agency partners on the execution of the brand’s Creative, Media, Shopper Marketing and PR.
The successful candidate will:
· Assist in the assessment and provide recommendation against new product growth opportunities (category/competitive analysis and consumer, finance, trade, R&D, regulatory and operations validations)
· Assist in the development and commercialization of new product pipelines, including advancing products through the sku approval and Stage Gate process as well as sku discontinuation recommendations
· Liaise with external agency partners to support the execution of the integrated consumer, shopper marketing and public relations plans and tactics
· Support artwork development and run outs working with packaging partners through key milestones of briefing, artwork development, separations as well as internal supply chain to facilitate transitions
· Work closely with Sales, Trade, Revenue and Category Management teams to drive integrated commercial plans
· Lead brand performance, campaign/promotion ROI and post-mortem analyses, supported by a clear recommended plan of action
· Lead budget tracking, forecasting and reconciliation and the input and processing of estimates
· Acclimatize him or herself with the retail and competitive environments to support analytics and strategic business decisions (pricing, sizing, distribution, product development, claims development, category reviews and more)
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Bachelor of Business and/or MBA required
• 2-3 years minimum experience in a CPG marketing environment. Demonstrated understanding and experience with the marketing mix
• Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and influence cross-functional partners to deliver on fast paced deadlines
• Can-do attitude, results driven. Motivated to foster team spirit and make an impact to the organization
• Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and keep pace with dynamic categories
• Accountable and possesses pride in contributing to share, margin, top line sales growth
• Strong analytical thinking and interest in building financial acumen (analyses, pricing, forecasting, etc)
• Able to translate data and research into meaningful insights and recommendations
• Literacy in Microsoft Office and ACNielsen Answers
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Church & Dwight is a world-leader in household and personal care products. Our global brands include ARM & HAMMER®, Batiste, OxiClean, Trojan, XTRA, Nair, First Response, Spinbrush, Orajel, vitafusion, Li’l Critters, Water Pik and FLAWLESS®. Founded in 1846, we have operations globally and are listed in the S&P 500.