Oracle CLOUD AVAILABILITY ENGINEER in Cape Town, South Africa
CLOUD AVAILABILITY ENGINEER
Cloud Availability Engineer Cape Town, South Africa at https://confluence.oraclecorp.com/confluence/display/NIM/Cloud Availability Engineer Cape Town, South Africa
The Oracle ComputeCloud team in Cape Town, along with our sister teams across the United States,Canada, China and India, is responsible for developing key Infrastructure as aService (IaaS) software that powers Oracle's cloud solutions. Our primary focusareas are scale, performance and reliability.
TheCloud Availability team is the interface between operations and the coredevelopment teams.
Joinour friendly team working in a collaborative, lab-style environment to build aglobally-impacting product.
· Hands-onoperational support for issues escalated to the development team by the frontline operations teams.
· Monitoringof operational support slack channels and health dashboards.
· Providinginsightful troubleshooting and optimal solutions based on a deep understandingof the product.
· Beingable to discern when to escalate to subject matter experts
· Supportingvarious operations teams within Oracle using Iaas in multiple cloud andengineered systems offerings.
· Designing,developing and modifying platform and tooling code, integrating, refining andoptimizing processes and tooling related to automation, diagnostics, analysis,continuous deployment and reporting.
· Developingintimate knowledge of the core product by diving into the code to the degree ofbeing able to be make product code contributions.
· Performingroot cause analysis on production incidents for correction of error purposes.
· Developingand documenting best practice system behavior and recipes for cookbook styledocumentation.
· BSin Computer Science or equivalent a plus
· ExcellentLinux system administration skills and familiarity with Linux (5 yearsexperience)
· Demonstrableadvanced coding experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl,shell, etc
· Experiencewith source code version control systems such as Git
· Strongnetworking skills with a solid knowledge of Internet Protocols and tools
· Comfortablewith continuous deployment process tools such as Hudson or Jenkins
· Experiencewith distributed systems that scale well
· Participatedin teams that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as wella high bar for quality and performance
· Experiencewith metrics acquisition and analysis, including log processing and regularexpression programming
NB: Preference will begiven to individuals who hold a valid ZA work permit or permanent ZA residency)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Location: ZA-ZA,South Africa-Cape Town
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire