Thermo Fisher Scientific Facilities Engineering Manager in Carlsbad, California
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Facilities Engineering Manager will lead the group while supporting with technical expertise and project management. This role will develop and implement strategies, operational standards, optimize industrial unit processes and lead facilities related projects.
What will you do?
· Lead Engineering team in the strategic support of the Carlsbad site through expansion and improvement of facilities and systems
· Drive professional development of group in necessary areas including, technical, project management, leadership, influence and productivity
· Provide technical expertise in the design, operation and optimization of facilities systems including HVAC, central plant, DI water, compressed air, steam and refrigeration
· Manage projects cross functionally to support manufacturing, R&D, administrative and operational needs of the site. Utilize internal and external resources to optimize project deliverables and schedules
· Lead space management strategy and actions for the site and on site functions. Including relocation of employees across the site
· Prepare and submit capital funding requests for site projects. Manage project capital budgets and standardize reporting
· Manage portion of department expense budget and submit future year plans with justification
· Perform return on investment analysis and manage project budgets
· Provide root cause analysis and FMEA for facilities systems to drive improved reliability. Utilized tools from Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) as necessary
· Lead practical process improvements (PPI) and continuous improvement projects to achieve productivity and cost savings targets
· Contribute to collection and analysis of key performance indicators and department metrics to drive department strategy
· Provide support and guidance for FDA cGMP requirements through practical implementation experience
· Maintain accurate and up to date systems documentation including one line P&ID drawings
· Utilize Siemens building automation system (BAS) and other operational control systems to minimize energy consumption and achieve utilities savings targets
· Develop and execute plans for facilities equipment commissioning and validation
· Provide expertise and drive compliance to applicable regulations including NFPA, NEC, OSHA etc.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and minimum 5 years’ experience in Facilities Engineering field
· 5+ years’ experience project management
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.