Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Market Development Manager, Molecular Biology in Carlsbad, California
Global Market Development Manager, Molecular Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Global Market Development Manager for Molecular Biology will drive the development and execution of marketing programs using a multi-channel go-to-market strategy for part of the molecular biology product portfolio, with focus on molecular cloning products. This dynamic manager will be a key member of the Molecular Biology Market Development team and will contribute to the overall growth of the Molecular Biology Business globally.
What will you do?
· Develop strategic marketing plans for molecular biology reagent products including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
· The Manager will also recommend and execute the implementation of new approaches to the current plan and strategy
· Develop and execute tactical marketing plans for new and/or existing products within the reverse transcription portfolio
· Create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, including digital channels, web, video and print
· Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D and commercial teams
· Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards
· This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
· Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute engaging marketing programs within their regions
· May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
How will you get there?
· 3+ years of experience successfully implementing marketing plans or in a commercial role in molecular biology or related field
· Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills are necessary
· Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential
· Must have an understanding of science and marketing through education or business experience
· Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, science, business, marketing or related degree
· Ability to travel up to 25%
· MBA strongly preferred
· Technical sales experience preferred
· 3-5 years in the life science industry
· Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution
· Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs