Occidental Petroleum Water Operations Lead in Carlsbad, New Mexico
Title: Water Operations Lead Location: United States-New Mexico-Carlsbad Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Water Treatment Lead within our New Mexico (NM) Assets. This position will report to the NW NM Asset Manager and will be responsible for water sourcing and disposal for development and appraisal programs in NW NM.
Essential Job Duties:
• Achieve disposal and treated water production goals within area
• Understand all available water handling infrastructure in the area which includes Oxy assets, other operator’s assets, and 3rd party systems
• Proactively produce ideas to better utilize the water resource and reduce costs
• Collaborate with multiple team members in a 24/7 operation environment
• Accountable for the full water system in NW NM (includes SWD, main water lines, Water Treating facilities, and FW Ponds)
• Works closely with Oil and Gas Production Operation team, Completion team, Engineering teams, Contractor and vendor personnel to insure frac water and disposal demands are met while continuously optimizing operations
• Coordinate and lead Production Techs-IFA’s and other contract employees in the area
• Owner of water production data entered into Oxy Data bases
• Day to day activities, planning, and scheduling for production and fracing operation
• Planning and Facilitating ever evolving infrastructure
• Trouble shooting system issues and responding
• Setting and Managing PM’s with the associated system
• Assisting with construction tie-in’s
• Monitor and maintain water forecasting from production and for frac water needs
• Point of contact for Oil and Gas Production SDL’s of the area
• Point of contact for 3rd Party SWD’s in area
• Industry knowledge of neighboring operators current and future water handling infrastructure. Look for opportunities to share infrastructure and water.
• Industry knowledge of nearby 3rd party SWD companies current and future water handling infrastructure.
• Two-year associates degree in an applicable science or engineering discipline plus experience in the field of Oil and Gas Production, Produced Water Treating Systems, and/or Fractioning Water Management.
• Safety orientated mindset with a firm understanding of oil and gas safety process.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the proven ability to be a leader.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently produce results in a multi-tasking environment with multiple clients and stakeholders.
• Strong problem-solving skills and self-motivation.
• Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate
• Mechanical knowledge of water transferring processes and pumps.
• Excellent skills in written and oral communications between coworkers, contractors, and vendors.
• Understanding of Business fundamentals
• Proficient user of MS Office software.
• Must live in South East New Mexico
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status