Hilton Director, Customer Care in Carrollton, Texas
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) is on a path to revolutionize human hospitality in a digital world, the same way we defined hospitality from its early beginnings. We strive to deliver personalized solutions that inspire a passion for travel, and our goal is to make a lasting impression with every Hilton guest with whom we interact.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Customer Care, you will pave the way we deliver an effortless customer experience by developing the strategy, vision, and direction of our front-line team members. You will lead your organization to innovate, and cultivate an ownership culture where every team member is responsible for building customer relationships and providing tailored recommendations and solutions.
As the head of your business, you will provide analytical and forward-thinking leadership to ensure the organization builds customer loyalty. You will obsess over and advocate for our customer needs by ensuring the team focuses on the right objectives guided by a big-picture vision, while living our organizational values and tenets and translating them to everyday sales and service practices. You will also lead special projects related to enhancing our guest and team member experience.
More specifically, you will:
Planning and Execution
- Define and execute the strategic growth, direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Customer Care teams
- Analyze and evaluate research and data, generate actionable insights, and create presentations that enable senior executives to understand, quantify, and respond to trends, issues, and opportunities impacting customer experience
- Drive programs to enhance systems and processes and provide project leadership on major initiatives, including the coordination of resources from multiple internal and external sources
- Develop, direct, and implement oversights to ensure adherence to annual operations budget to attain business financial goals
Relationship Management & Team Building
- Define and deliver customer experience strategy that works to increase the guest satisfaction and net promoter score, as well as reduce voluntary churn
- Partner with global cross functional teams to ensure consistency of the customer experience
- Promote an environment that attracts, develops, and allows teams to thrive in a largely virtual workforce
Live Organizational Tenets:
- Advocate for team members by actively identifying individual strengths and cultivating career advancement within Hilton
- Build and execute improvement recommendations, while motivating others to meet the challenges of an ever-evolving environment
- Celebrate the team and provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to maximize opportunities with every customers
- Innovate on new trends, technology, and methods to optimize our organization
- Establish trust with cross-functional teams by developing positive productive relationships across the organization
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- You will develop, prioritize, and implement plans to meet organizational objectives across a matrixed organization
- You will be a change management leader, drive multiple strategic transformation initiatives and projects simultaneously, and develop plans, analysis, and communication strategies for the transition
- You will possess excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others, including executive level
- You will drive high productivity and sales/service performance; can challenge teams and individuals to be the best and achieve excellent levels of performance
- You will have proven quantitative/analytical skills, strong innovation, judgement, problem solving, and conceptual thinking abilities
- You are a dynamic change leader with an initiative to build, assess, and course correct as needed
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a bias for action and urgency
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Hospitality, or related field; or High School Degree/GED with eleven (11) years of business management experience
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of related experience leading customer service and/or sales teams in a contact center or similar environment
- Five (5) years of managerial experience
- Three (3) years of experience leading large teams
- Ability to travel 15%-25% of the time
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and call center software and technology
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree in Business Management, Hospitality, or related
- Eight (8) years of experience working with large extended/virtual contact center teams
- Three (3) years working with LEAN methodologies; can demonstrate an understanding of customer value and a focus on key processes to continuously increase it
- In depth knowledge of HRCC procedures, processes, and applications
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Call Center and Reservations
Title: Director, Customer Care
Requisition ID: HRC010CU