Shell Facility Engineer - Carson, CA in Carson, California
Facility Engineer - Carson, CA
No. of Positions:
This position will involve the following key tasks (for the assigned terminals):
• Execute tank projects in accordance with Shell HSSE & SP policy.
• Ensures inspection and maintenance requirements, as dictated by codes and standards are well understood
• Review inspections done on critical assets (such as tanks) to ensure condition meets the minimum
requirements before returning to service.
• Participate in Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) as needed.
• Support development of Risk Register and Risk Mitigation Plans.
• Manage, track and report the implementation progress of maintenance and inspection programs for the tank
assets located in the US WR.
• Support implementation of RBI and Tank LEAN throughout US WR.
• Follow Technical Assurance reviews of tank project’s scope of work.
• Cooperates closely with the other disciplines and teams.
• Drive continuous improvements.
• Prepare tank project cost estimates, manage project expenditures, and forecast projects cost monthly.
• Support Operations with day-to-day inquiries regarding tanks.
• In collaboration with the other Facility Engineers,provide inputs to 10-year Asset Master Plan regarding tanks.
• Engage with ME Lead so that SAP Maintenance Plan is up to date and align with the US WR Tank Inspection Data Base.
• Provides visible HSSE Leadership in field and throughout projects.
• Management of 3rd party direct and indirect reports.
• Will need to act as Contract Holder for (6) contractors and hold Business Performance Reviews (BPR)
• Manage TIP for 190 aboveground storage tanks with a capacity over 1,000 BBLs throughout the 14 Distribution Terminals in in the Western Regions (WR).
Interfaces include with Facility Engineers, Terminal Managers, HSSE Staff, R&I Discipline Engineers, other
Project Managers, ME Lead, Global and Regional Engineering Team, Consultants (P&T and External Parties), and Contracts & Procurement.
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
California - Carson Reg Off
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with skills and knowledge using Codes and Standards, Quality Assurance/Control processes, material science, NDT, inspection, welding, corrosion, or failure analysis desired.
Minimum ten (10+) years’ experience in inspection/testing, care and maintenance of storage and handling related equipment.
This position requires good communication skills across all levels of the organization.
The candidate will work virtually to manage projects located in Southern California, Northern California and Pacific Northwest Distribution Terminals.
The candidate will be exposed to change management to achieve asset management excellence mindset.
Good understanding of task key stakeholders and their expectations to end delivery.
Candidate will have to balance managing capital tank outage projects and routine maintenance activities throughout US WR.
Management of business development projects involving aboveground storage tanks will be required when opportunities arise
Knowledge of the inter-disciplinary engineering fundamentals as applied to Distribution Terminals and Depots.
Knowledge of asset maintenance associated with distribution terminals or depots.
Ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization
Strong engagement skills.
Desired additional qualifications:
API 653-certified or ability to obtain the certification within one year of assignment
City, State (if applicable):