HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Armed Security Officer in Cartersville, Georgia
_Cartersville Medical Center_
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing 119-bed acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you’ll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Healthgrades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sports Complex; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville..
Cartersville Medical Centeris currently looking for anArmed Security Officer (PRN/As Needed).
Must have a flexible schedule to work all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
In coordination with the Security Manager, the Security Officer must always smile and make eye contact while working to protect life and property of all persons on the hospital grounds. * Officer will aid in the prevention of fire, theft, vandalism and violence on the hospital property. * Officer will respond to the security needs of the hospital, its staff, visitors, vendors and anyone else that may enter on the hospital property. * Officer will participate in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. * Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. * Officer will promote a supportive, team-work oriented environment and maintain a professional relationship only with CMC staff. * Officer will fulfill departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
- Current or previous Law Enforcement experience required.
- Must acquire BLS certification within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Must have an active driver’s license with good driving record (Georgia driver’s license required within 30 days).
- Officer must obtain aGeorgia Weapons Carry License(if not a current Law Enforcement Officer*) and complete and pass the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory Test (MMPI) prior to hire date. *
- Officer must complete within six (6) months of hire date and maintain annually the following training; 8 hours of firearms training (2 hours per quarter) 4 hours-Use of Deadly Force, 2 hours-Tactical Expandable Baton, 8 hours-Defensive Tactics &, Handcuffing Techniques, 4 hours-Taser Recertification and 8 hours of CPI Descalation.
Job: *Facilities Mgmt Plant Ops & Security
Title: Armed Security Officer
Location: Georgia-Cartersville-Cartersville Medical Center-Cartersville
Requisition ID: 08625-7005