HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Language Pathologist in Cartersville, Georgia
_TriStar Cartersville Medical Center - Cartersville, GA_
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing 119-bed acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you’ll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Healthgrades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sporting Community; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville.
Cartersvilleis seeking aSpeech Language Pathologist *to workPRN/as needed.*
Coverage is needed for high volume weekdays, rotating holidays, and some weekends
- Must smile and make eye contact.
- The Speech Language Pathologist is charged with completing an initial evaluation; setting realistic, functional goals; and determining the plan of care and treatments needed to obtain the established goals. To do this, the ST must take into consideration past and current medical history; thoroughly review the chart; ensure patient is medically stable; complete patient interview and testing.
- Responsible for treatment, discharge planning, safety, and education for the patients served.
- Services are rendered in a cost-conscious, quality-focused and customer-oriented manner.
- The focus of this job is the restoration or improvement of function while reducing dependencies; and the reduction or prevention of injuries.
- Must possess strong communication skills; have a customer service mindset; and be a team-player.
- Must adhere to professional standards, codes of ethics, as well as system and department policies and procedures.
- Incorporate age specific and cultural competencies into the care and treatment of patients.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision, and values of CMC.
Graduate of an accredited school in Speech Therapy
- Current state of Georgia speech license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence is required.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Location: Georgia-Cartersville-Cartersville Medical Center-Cartersville
Requisition ID: 08625-6956