HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Unit Secretary - ICU in Cartersville, Georgia
_Cartersville Medical Center_
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing 119-bed acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you’ll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Healthgrades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sporting Community; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville.
Cartersville Medical Center is currently looking for aUnit Secretary - ICU (Full-Time).
*Shift: Monday - Friday, 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. *
The Unit Secretary performs the secretarial duties for the unit. This includes:
* The transcription of orders and communication of order changes to Charge and Primary Nurse as needed.
* Answering phone calls and call lights and re-directing issues to appropriate personnel.
* Filing patient information in the patient charts and communicating with physicians and staff on the unit.
* He/she is also responsible for offering assistance to those that have inquiries.
* Daily use of analytical and decision-making skills.
* Promotes and maintains patient safety standards.
* Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement.
* Will cross-train to the Patient Care Technician (PCT) role and fill in duties as needed.
* Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. * Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. * Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
- Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Previous 1 year experience preferred.
- CNA certification preferred.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Unit Secretary - ICU
Location: Georgia-Cartersville-Cartersville Medical Center-Cartersville
Requisition ID: 08625-6975