McKesson Senior Director - Strategic Pharmacy Planning and Development - 3 Locations in Cary, North Carolina
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Sr Director - Strategic Pharmacy Planning and Development
* This position to be based in either one of the following locations and responsible for all 3 sites: Cary, NC, Irving, TX and Louisville, KY *
The Strategic Development team plays an integral role in the success and growth of the organization. This is an exciting and challenging role with responsibility for supporting the identification, evaluation and execution of strategic growth and diversification initiatives for McKesson Specialty Pharmacy Solutions. The Senior Director, Strategic Development will work directly with the Vice President and General Manager with extensive interaction with the senior leadership team
In this role, the Senior Director will oversee market analysis, emerging industry trends and strategic needs as it relates to cross functional business endeavors. This key role will drive leadership in the project planning, designing and implementing of innovative business solutions by defining vision, strategies, and tactics to address market shifts in order to optimize McKesson’s competitive position toward better business health.
• Participates with other senior leaders to establish business unit strategic plans and objectives, identify strategic needs and prioritize areas of focus
• Defines and manages multiple strategic projects towards deliverables and timelines
• Ensures frameworks incorporate broader strategic considerations
• Manages expectations and results for BU leadership team, and executive-level BU stakeholders as appropriate
• Develops economic models to evaluate acquisitions, new business models, or in support of understanding the size, growth, and evolution of markets in which we do business, doing so with imperfect data
• Builds trust and productive relationships with team members and stakeholders across the organization
• Acts as thought-leader and lead advisor
• Leverages presentations to develop the storyline and connectivity to other projects
• Builds advanced knowledge of company's products and industry, specifically cross-BU functional knowledge to define analytic goals
• Makes project-specific resource allocation decisions
• Capacity to manage 1-5 direct reports
8 years business development experience and 5 years managerial experience
• Highly prefer experience working in a Strategy/Business Development role within either a large Consulting firm working on complex healthcare projects or within a large, complex Pharma/Retail/Pharmacy organization
• Evaluating industry trends, developing long-term implications and recommended strategies for new business opportunities within the Health Care Pharma sector
• Strategic and analytical thinking, strong capability of project management and problem-solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
• Excellent communications skills and have the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively
Additional Knowledge and Skills
Thorough knowledge of business development practices and procedures; Solid management, communication and analytical skills.
• 4-year Bachelor's degree in business or finance, or related field or equivalent experience
• MBA preferred
General Office Demands
Benefits and Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Senior Director - Strategic Pharmacy Planning and Development - 3 Locations
Location: North Carolina-Cary
Requisition ID: 18008675
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Irving, United States-Kentucky-Louisville