CRST International Carrier Sourcing Manager in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
CRST Logistics is seeking a relationship building and outgoing Carrier Sourcing Manager to be located in our Cedar Rapids, IA office.
*Job Summary: *Carrier Sourcing Manager will report to the Manager - Carrier Development. This position requires the individual to develop, maintain and evaluate the carriers that fit the CRST Logistics network. They will also be leading a Core Carrier Program as well as be required to meet with carriers to maintain our status as a preferred provider for those carriers’ specific needs.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Managing a core Carrier Program with the expectation of exceeding financial goals through best in class pricing and service from those Carriers in the program.
- Carrier development within their specified region that can serve existing and new business in all modes including capacity negotiation and strategic alignment with business opportunity
- Identify and on board new contract carriers and provide forecasting of expected volumes for each new setup by collaborating with CRST Logistics branch locations and outside sales
- Network optimization of existing business and providing our sales force with information for needed lanes , continuous movement opportunity and cost reduction opportunities
- Communicate, coordinate and cooperate with sales to find freight for the available capacity within their respective region to support business growth
- Assist in spot bid pricing when needed
- Provide carrier routing guide/matrix for Capacity Executives in all business units
- Insure profile data integrity for existing carriers and keep current
- Up to 25% travel will be required and collaboration with sales for potential customer visits
- Provides support for management personnel as needed
*Minimum Qualification Requirements: *
- 3-5 years of experience in carrier procurement or carrier capacity sales needed
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Must be able to develop a strategy to find a profitable situation for the carrier and CRST
- Basic computer skills required
- Verbal and written communication skills must be excellent
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug testing.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time