CRST International Diesel Mechanic in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
CRST Lincoln Sales is seeking a Diesel Technician to be located in our Cedar Rapids, Iowa shop immediately.
Job Summary: General repair and preventative maintenance on fleet tractor and trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform required maintenance services on fleet tractors and trailers.
- Perform tractor PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Perform trailer PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Maintain written repair orders to include labor hours, parts used and general comments.
- Complete written PM inspection forms.
- Perform lot checks to verify equipment condition, identify potential OOS items and verify load status.
- Operate class 8 vehicles in yard conditions, move fleet equipment safely around yard and into and out of service facility.
- Maintain maintenance reference manual to include job codes, standard operating procedures and service bulletins issued by CRST
- Operate basic shop tools to include; welders, torches, impact wrenches, band saw, scaffolding, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
High school diploma or GED is preferred, general mechanical skills relating to class 8 vehicles and trailers.
CRST is an EOE
New to transportation or fleet maintenance? Check out this local program to explore how you can earn credit hours and gain experience in vehicle inspections, technical procedures, tire maintenance, electrical trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance and professional communication. *www.kirkwood.edu/transtechnician *
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time